UK arts professionals Human-Nature Delegation to Malaysia
The British Council is calling for seven UK artists, art organisation representatives, curators, art tech creatives or producers to be part of a delegation visiting Kuala Lumpur, Sabah and Sarawak (Borneo States) from 29 February to 10 March 2024.
The British Council has launched the new global programme Culture Responds to Global Challenges. Its climate change strand aims to enable artists to tell the climate change story and improve practices in arts and cultural organisations. In Malaysia the British Council will run Human-Nature, a 3-year programme of collaborations and partnerships between the UK and Malaysia to integrate the arts, artists, culture, and cultural rights into climate efforts.
The delegation will be a curated study tour to enable UK delegates to better understand Malaysia’s:
- Cultural and bio diversities, and more specifically its communities, their practices and knowledge.
- Impacts and issues, challenges, needs and opportunities caused by climate change.
- Stakeholders who work at the intersection of arts and climate in Malaysia.
Applications must be made by UK artists, curators, creative producers, creative technologists and cultural organisation representatives who are based/living in the United Kingdom.
What is provided
- Return Economy flights
- Hotel accommodation
- Selected working lunches and dinners
- Local transport in Malaysia
- A grant of 1,200 GBP as honorarium/per-diem to cover meals and time during the delegation
Deadline: 21 January 2024