Ties that Bind 2022: Asia-Europe film co-production workshop
Ties that Bind (TTB), by the European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs, is calling for applications from European and Asian producers to take part in the 2022 co-production workshop. TTB will select five European and five Asian producers in feature fiction films, TV series or animation fiction films in development.
TTB also welcomes applications from European professionals interested in working with Asia such as sales agents, financiers, distributors, festival programmers, co-production market representatives, or European producers who wish to focus on their career development. TTB will select an additional five career participants to be an active part of the group.
The selected participants will work with industry professionals from both continents. The sessions will focus on script development, co-production between Asia and Europe, public and private financing in the two regions, pitching, marketing and distribution. Participants will meet leading Asian and European sales agents, funders and potential co-producers.
There will be one workshop in Asia in November 2022 and one in Udine, Italy, in April 2023, within the framework of the Udine Far East Film Festival & FOCUS ASIA.
Experienced feature film producers from Asia (including Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia) and Europe wishing to work on an international scale and to create long-term creative and business relationships between Europe and Asia.
Interested producers should apply with a feature film project in development stage. European projects should have a strong co-production or co-financing potential with Asia.
European film professionals interested in working with Asia or European producers who wish to focus on their career development.
- Feature-length fiction film with strong potential to find co-producers and/or attract Asian private financiers
- Any genre and type of project (from arthouse to commercial projects), as well as TV series and animation fiction films
- Preferably a minimum of 20% should be in place
- Applicants must be the lead producer of the submitted project
- Producers must have completed at least one film released in the last three years
- First draft of the script must be available in English for the first workshop by 10 October 2022
Deadline: 19 August 2022