25 Feb 2013
Ties That Bind 2013 - Udine, Busan | Apply Now!
Ties That Bind 2013 will consist of two workshops, workshop 1 taking place in Udine (Italy) during April 22-26, 2013 within the framework of the Udine Far East Film Festival (April, 2013) and workshop 2 being organized in October 6-10, 2013 during the Busan International Film Festival (October 3-12, 2013) in South Korea.
The workshops will bring together 10 film producers from Asian and European countries. Each producer will be selected together with a feature film project in development and will work with leading industry experts from both continents during the two workshops. Amongst a range of issues, sessions will focus on script development, co-production between Asia and Europe, financing in the two regions, marketing and promotion, and the legal aspects of co-production. The workshop participants will work together as a group, as well as through individual consultation, and will have the unusual opportunity to get to know each other very well with the object of forming long term creative and business partnerships and networks. The programme will culminate in Busan in October 2013 with meetings between the participants and leading Asian and European funders and sales agents during the Asian Project Market.
The workshop will enable feature film producers from both continents to work together in two four-day workshops and will offer the 10 selected participants:
- top level professional and project development,
- work on the comprehensive development of European and Asian projects,
- cooperation and co-production on these and future projects,
- the creation of in-depth awareness of the audiovisual market and operating conditions, legal frameworks, financing, sales, distribution and exhibition practices in both continents,
- networking between the participants and their companies to create medium and long term informational co-financing and co-production relationships,
- access to a network of producers, markets, festivals and decision makers in both continents.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: February 25, 2013
The selection will be made by a selection committee and will be published by mid March 2013.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
09 Apr 2011