Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2023 ICCI Art Valley Programme
Shanghai Jiao Tong University China are calling for applications from international artists and scholars to participate in the ICCI Art Valley Programme from 1 November to 15 December 2023 in Shanghai, China. Selected visiting artists will hold exhibitions at the Art Museums in downtown Shanghai (China), the Virtual Space, and the Shanghai Jiao Tong University History Museum.
With an open perspective and cross-media practice as the starting point, the ICCI Art Valley Programme encourages artists to combine personal experience and visual culture around the multiple concepts brought by integrated media art creation and bring new languages and narratives into the design of artists' different media, to develop a series of imaginations and discussions involving viewing and interactive experience, media ethics and media language.
The programme has been running for 6 years, and more than 30 visiting artists have come to Shanghai to participate in lectures, workshops, exhibitions and other activities.
Artists are expected to:
- Have academic scholar background in higher education
- Have long-term artistic creation (priority given to media art practice, digital art, and other forms of integrated media art practice)
- Deliver 1–2 public lectures, workshops and other activities
- Have public speaking skills and fluent English
- Bring at least 5 completed works to Shanghai for the exhibitions
- Donate 2 existing artworks to SJTU for the permanent exhibition
What is provided?
The whole program package will be at least 10,000 RMB, as well as reimbursement for the following:
- Round-trip air ticket to Shanghai
- Hotel or apartment accommodation near the SJTU campus
- Group exhibition in a city centre Shanghai gallery and Shanghai Jiao Tong University History Museum
Deadline: 15 July 2023
The programme is organised by USC-SJTU Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and co-organised by MANA – Global new media art platform.