Salzburg Global Seminar - Forum for Young Cultural Innovators - open call
Salzburg Global Seminar invites young cultural innovators globally to apply for the 6th annual session of the Young Cultural Innovators Forum. The YCI Forum offers an opportunity for participants to be part of an intensive program taking place at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria, from October 22 to 27, 2019.
The Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum is a ten-year program designed to nurture the current generation of young cultural innovators through capacity building, mentoring, and global networking. The network is multi-disciplinary and encompasses creative disciplines ranging from the visual and performing arts, literature, and cultural heritage, to foods, fashion, architecture, and design.
The YCI Forum aims to empower the creative sector as a catalyst of economic, social and urban transformation around the globe by linking individuals and communities connected to the program with one another through programs in Salzburg, follow-up events, interhub exchanges, cross-border projects, and other activities.
Combining theory and practice, with keynote presentations focusing on “big picture” issues facing the cultural sector and with skills-building sessions on entrepreneurial thinking; human-centered design processes; strategic planning and organizational development; and leadership and values.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS TO THE YCI FORUM
To qualify, all applicants must:
• Be 25–35 years of age.
• Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
• Have at least 2–3 years of professional experience in the arts and culture sector.
• Want to become an active member of the YCI global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining this.
• Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
• Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
• Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
• Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential with prizes, awards, recommendations, citations confirming this.
DEADLINE The deadline for applications is August 30, 2019.