Ruy de Clavijo Scholarships 2023–2024: Research between Europe and Central Asia
Casa Asia and the University of Cádiz are calling for applications from European researchers for the Ruy Clavijo Scholarships 2023–2024, to carry out research, cultural and academic cooperation projects related to Asia Central.
The 4 scholarships can be for the fields of cultural, educational, economic and political-social action in the following countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Iran and Mongolia.
Each scholarship is worth 3,000 EUR for the period between 15 June 2023 and 31 May 2024.
The Ruy de Clavijo Scholarships are part of the Central Asia Observatory of Casa Asia and the University of Cádiz, which aims to facilitate the rapprochement between Central Asia and Spain from the political, economic and academic spheres. This collaboration between Casa Asia and the University of Cádiz is part of the Agreement signed between both institutions last March 2023.
- Applicants must have nationality from Spain or another EU member country.
- The funded project must take place between 15 June 2023 and 31 May 2024.
- The project must have a final physical or practical outcome, such as exhibitions, events cultural events, documentaries, publications, studies, etc.
- Applicants may be one or more people, as long as the same research project is carried out and one of the applicants meets the nationality requirements.
- Projects can be presented jointly by a Spanish or EU researcher or artist and a researcher or artist from a Central Asian country.
Ruy de Clavijo Scholarships application guidelines
Deadline: 31 May 2023