Research Secondment for young researchers in diplomacy and cultural relations
If you are a young researcher or PhD student you can apply for the Research Secondment for young researchers—for three to six months of fieldwork in Europe—from CREDO (Centre of excellence in international cultural relations, cultural diplomacy, and public diplomacy).
The secondment offers funding to spend a three- to six-month visiting period at one of CREDO’s partner organisations as part of the researcher’s fieldwork. The three organisations focus on international cultural relations, cultural diplomacy, or public diplomacy in Europe. The partner organisations are:
- Anna Lindh Foundation
- British Council
- ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen)
Research Secondments aim to foster dialogue between the academic world and the policy world by maximising the impact of practice- and policy-related work and exposing young researchers to the lifeworld of practice. Interdisciplinary work is particularly encouraged.
- Working with one of CREDO’s international partners, subject to their availability in the chosen period
- Exposure to a wide range of academics and practitioners, building a network and expertise
- Invitation to CREDO’s events and the opportunity to publish on CREDO’s platforms
- A monthly gross grant of 1,000 EUR for a total period of minimum three and maximum six months
The chosen researcher is expected to produce a brief report and an extended blog post on their research.
Young researchers and PhD students from any university or equivalent research centre are eligible to apply. Successful applications are selected based on the relevance of the research proposals.
The proposed research period should begin within the first three months of 2023.
CREDO does not provide insurance for researchers.
Deadline: 30 November 2022