15 Jul 2015
ENCATC research opportunities
The ENCATC European network on Cultural Management and Cultural Policy education has two research opportunities. Young cultural policy and management researchers may apply for the Research Award, all researchers can submit to a call for abstracts for 2015 annual conference.
NOTE: two different deadlines!
1. The ENCATC Research Award on Cultural Policy and Cultural Management is aimed at young researchers and granted to a recently published PhD thesis exploring, through comparative and cross-cultural research.
This prestigious recognition aims to stimulate academic research in the field of cultural policy and cultural management with an emphasis on its applied implications. The ENCATC Award also has the ambition to contribute to the process of creating a network of scholars who are competent in doing comparative research projects in cultural policy and cultural management.
The ENCATC Award is granted to a recently published PhD thesis exploring, through comparative and cross-cultural research, issues at stake and taking a step from evaluative (descriptive) to comparative applied research. In addition, the ENCATC Award is rewarded to a PhD thesis that can inform policymaking and benefit practitioners active in the broad field of culture.
The ENCATC Award targets emerging researchers in the field of cultural policy and cultural management up to 35 years of age from Europe and the rest of the world.
Submission fee: 45€
ENCATC Award deadline: 15 July 2015
2. The 6th Annual ENCATC Research Session to be held in Lecce, Italy in the framework of the 23rd ENCATC Annual Conference. A call for abstracts is announced for the 6th Annual ENCATC Research Session that will be held on 22 October during the 23rd ENCATC Annual Conference, “The Ecology of Culture: Community Engagement, Co-creation, Cross Fertilization”. Proposals from any relevant discipline will be considered, provided that they make an original academic contribution to the study of arts management and cultural policy.
Papers are welcome on all arts management and cultural policy areas including:
- Arts and culture education
- Cultural policy and arts management
- Culture and local, regional and national development
- Cultural heritage management
- Cultural and creative industries
- Culture in external relations and cultural diplomacy
- Cultural networking
Research in the following subject areas is particularly welcome:
- Digital means for audience development
- Participatory governance of cultural heritage
- Cultural and creative sector: entrepreneurship and innovation
- Promotion of cultural diversity: cultural external relations
- Monitoring culture and creative interventions: urban futures and social engagement
The deadline for this call for abstracts is 20 July 2015.
07 Jun 2016
10 Jun 2014
10 Apr 2019
14 Jul 2020
26 Apr 2017
18 Jul 2022