Prix VIRGINIA - competition for women photographers
The Prix VIRGINIA is organized by the Association SYLVIA S, in France. It is awarded every other year and recognizes the work of a woman photographer. It is open to all living professional women photographers, regardless of age or nationality.
The Prix VIRGINIA, awarded every other year, beginning in 2012, is open to all living professional women photographers, regardless of age or nationality, with the exception of photojournalisms and advertising. Photographs submitted for the Prix VIRGINIA must not have been exhibited in France. Requests for assistance with projects, reporting, or exhibitions will not be considered.
The Jury is composed of eight key cultural figures who deliberate and designate the Winner. Members serve one two-year term, with the exception of the President and a representative of M, the magazine of le Monde.
The jury shall designate the Winner and the Selection of the Jury consisting of 10 photographers.
- 10,000€ from the Association SYLVIA S, for the winner.
- An Exhibition in Paris for the winner with Central Dupon Images support.
- A Publication of the winner’s photographs or one of the 10 shortlisted photographers in M, le magazine du Monde.
- A Carte blanche for a Portrait de Ville edited by Be-Pôles editions for the winner or one of the 10 shortlisted photographers.
- A book publication of the winner’s photographs and the 10 shortlisted photographers.
Deadline for entries: 7 May 2018
Image: Martha by Sian Davey (UK) - winner of 2016 Prix VIRGINIA