Poland | CCA ŁAŹNIA artist residency call
In 2014 CCA ŁAŹNIA in Gdańsk, Poland would like to invite 2 artists whose artistic practice will focus on the context of Gdansk, and/or its district New Port. We are looking for artists who with the help of contemporary art practices undertake the discussion around places perceived in a certain, stereotype way. Artist is encouraged to reach out to the spaces in-between, out of the daily routine.
Currently New Port district is undergoing the process of revitalization including all its negative and positive aspects. We are therefore looking for works socially engaged and developed from a critical point of view. The aspect of reaching out to new audiences plays an important factor.
The entire 3rd floor of the newly rebuilt former bathhouse building in New Port district of Gdańsk is dedicated to artists. The building consists also of a cinema, library and workshop space, that can be all used by the artists according to their needs. The living accommodation provides potential for many types of Art based activities to take place such as discussions, film screenings and social events. Artists Residency shall culminate in a form of a final work in the shape chosen by the artist.
Artists Residency is organised in 2 stages:
2 weeks research visit + 2 months residency that follows
CCA ŁAŹNIA 2 will offer:
- a space to live and work
- artistic fee inclusive of travel allowance, costs of living, insurance: 2000 PLN / artist for the 2 weeks long research trip
- artistic fee inclusive of travel allowance, costs of living, insurance: 6000 PLN / artist for the 2 months long production phase
- material costs allowance up to 2500PLN / artist (paid upon submission of receipts)
- support of CCA ŁAŹNIA team throughout the term in residence.
Application deadline 26th January 2014
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org the documentation mentioned below (pdf format in one zip file) with your name in the title:
- Artist’s statement mentioning main points of focus in your work (1500 words maximum)
- description of the work you plan to carry out during your stay at CCA ŁAŹNIA 2
- Artist’s CV
- 10 work samples (or links to your works / website)
- there are no limitations nor preferences in relation to such factors as country of origin, age, media, etc.
- applicants should be reasonably fluent in English (spoken and written).
- for further information please contact Aleksandra Księżopolska (email@example.com)
Image | GDAŃSK NOWY PORT OPENING ŁAŹNIA 2 | December 2012