NL-Australia - Shared Cultural Heritage Programme 2019 call
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Canberra, Australia welcomes project proposals for initiatives focusing on Dutch-Australian cultural heritage to be initiated in 2019.
The Netherlands and Australia: good mates with a shared history
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Canberra, Australia, has an active policy of promoting Dutch-Australian cultural heritage; material and immaterial relics from the past that the Netherlands shares with Australia. By maintaining, managing and highlighting Dutch-Australian cultural heritage, we can foster a reflection on our past and a mutual understanding of past, present and future.
The embassy’s shared cultural heritage programme identifies 4 themes; the so-called 4 M’s: Maritime, Military, Migrant and Mercantile heritage.
Your application | Project criteria
- The project commences after 1 March 2019 but before 1 December 2019 and will run for a period not exceeding four years;
- The project promotes the sustainable preservation of Australian-Dutch cultural heritage;
- The project focusses on one (or several) of the abovementioned 4 M’s;
- The project has a long-term impact;
- The project is mainly aimed at an Australian target group, based in Australia;
- The project promotes cooperation between Australian and Dutch counterparts;
- The project creates awareness and knowledge about Australian-Dutch cultural heritage primarily among an Australian audience;
- A strong communication strategy, in which the financial support from the embassy is acknowledged, is part of the project planning;
- If applicable: involvement from key stakeholders and the community to ensure the project can continue after Embassy funding ceases.
- The final deadline to for applications is 1 October 2019
- Applications will be accepted until 1 October 2019 OR until funding is exhausted.