Mumbai | What About Art? WAA residency call (open deadline)
An ongoing open call for the What About Art? international artists residency (WAA) in Mumbai. This is a paid residency which offers studio space, accommodation, professional networking and more. WAA was launched in 2013 with the aim to facilitate and support art practice.
There is no set deadline - the date published is purely indicative.
One of the few art residencies in Mumbai, India, the residency provides individual studio space, accommodation, professional networking opportunities and an intellectually stimulating environment for dialogue on visual arts practices for artists and curators. In addition, the residency regularly organises artist talks and open studios.
The residency is situated in the heart of Mumbai in Bandra, a vibrant neighbourhood, not far from the art district where galleries, museums and art spaces are located. 7 spacious studios situated in a quiet lane above the WAA office and project space are close to the building where accommodation is provided.
– Administration and preparatory research
– Orientation to the city
– 7 studios (20-25 sq mt each) available 24 hours, Internet, shared kitchen
– Accommodation (2 bedrooms) in a flat just 5 mins from the studio
– Basic support for production and technical assistance
– Professional networking with the art community in Mumbai
– Studio visits by artists, critics, curators
For application to the residency please send the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
2) Short description of the project
3) Portfolio with 20 JPEG images in case of artist; written material in case of curator/researcher
4) Please mention desired time frame for residency period.
Please note that this is a paid residency. Each resident is responsible for their own funding, though WAA can help with this process. Please write to us for more details.