On the Move: Communications Officer
On the Move is looking for a communications officer (20 hours a week) for a one-year contract (possible extension), working remotely.
On the Move (OTM) supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals, in Europe and worldwide. On the Move is an information point, and they also facilitate mentoring sessions and workshops, and give public presentations on cultural mobility issues and the internationalisation of practices for the arts and cultural sector.
On the Move is currently looking for a reliable, detail-oriented and engaged communications officer to help OTM’s team to implement its EU-funded network project.
Qualifications and competencies
- An academic university degree in cultural management, communications or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the cultural sector, in communications.
- Excellent command of English. A second language spoken in Europe is an asset.
- Strong editing experience and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience managing websites through a CMS.
- Experience using image, video and audio editing tools.
- Experience of working remotely while dealing with different partners and professionals.
- Good interpersonal and intercultural competencies.
- Flexibility to work adaptable hours and to travel on an occasional basis.
- Interest in arts and culture particularly in an international context.
- Starting date: latest by 1 February 2023.
- Work will be done remotely.
- If a person is legally based in Belgium a work contract will be preferable. Otherwise a freelance contract may be considered.
- OTM offers a part-time contract for 20 hours a week, with a monthly gross salary of 1,480 EUR.
- Flexible hours and travel for event organisation and/or participation (two to three per year).
Deadline: 21 November 2022
Photo taken during the latest General Assembly and working group meeting in Helsinki, 24 May 2022 at Nordic Culture Point.