Month of Performance Art Berlin | call for programme partners
The MONTH OF PERFORMANCE ART is a month-long platform dedicated to intersecting, promoting and highlighting Berlin’s independent and contemporary Performance Art scene and its players. Call for partners - venues, organisations, networks, curators, producers.
Running for its second year, and due in May 2012, the MONTH OF PERFORMANCE ART brings together artists, curators, producers, venues, networks and organisations which operate beyond and across the boundaries of institutionalised performing arts structures, with the objective of:
1) facilitating connections and developing actions of cooperation amongst hosting venues, curators and other independent players working in the field of Performance Art;
2) promoting, and drawing attention to a thriving but often overlooked community of artists and Performance Art practitioners whose work challenges, explores and embodies a multiplicity of artistic forms and languages;
3) fostering innovative critical discourses and practice-based exchanges and interactions, between Performance Art makers and audiences;
4) documenting, and thus tracing as well as enriching, the contemporary history of Performance Art practices existing in the city through the annual Berlin Performance Art Report.
With this Call for Participation, we would like to hear from potential venues, organisations, and networks, as well as curators and producers interested in contributing to the programming of the MONTH OF PERFORMANCE ART as hosting partners. As a hosting partner you will be in charge of curating the artistic programming of your space during the MONTH OF PERFORMANCE ART in May 2012. In return, we will provide a platform (website, promotion, production support), which will:
1) bring wider exposure of your activities and curatorial practices, through press/PR work;
2) establish a broad intersecting national and international network of independent Performance Art practitioners, which you will be part of;
3) include your activities in the annual Berlin Performance Art report.
If you would like to participate in the MONTH OF PERFORMANCE ART 2012 please fill out the application form found on the website, and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org by MARCH 1ST, 2012. We look forward to hearing from you, and should you have any query please do not hesitate to contact us.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IS ONLY OPEN TO HOSTING VENUES, CURATORS AND PRODUCERS OF PERFORMANCE ART initiatives.
IN SOME INSTANCES WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ARTISTS IN FINDING A LOCATION WHERE THEY CAN BRING THEIR OWN PROJECTs, and we may provide a platform for specific initiatives (sign up to our newsletter to find out about such opportunities).
However, to avoid disappointments, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND ARTISTS TO start making THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS NOW, SHOULD THEY WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE 2012 EDITION OF THE MONTH OF PERFORMANCE ART.