Mekong Cultural Hub Curated Conference 2024
Mekong Cultural Hub (MCH) calls for applications from art and cultural practitioners from across Asia to participate in the Curated Conference 2024, with an in-person gathering in Hanoi (Viet Nam), 21–23 March 2023.
The conference is part of Meeting Point 2024, which creates space for diverse cultural practitioners to discuss and explore topics that concern them, and to be able to share the outcomes of their discussions with a wider public audience. There are two topics for this year’s conference programme:
- Life Cycles of Grassroots Cultural Organisations in Asia, curated by Phloeun Prim (Cambodia)
- Hitting Pause: Examining Purpose & Practice, curated by Kathy Rowland, Arts Equator (Malaysia/ Singapore)
The selected conference Fellows will be assigned to one group (according to the preference they express at the application stage).
- June–December 2023: Monthly online exchanges
- Jan–Feb 2024: Preparation for public sharing during the Meeting Point on Art and Social Action in March 2024
- March 2024: Public sharing
This programme is designed for diverse cultural practitioners (including artists) with interest and experience to contribute to a durational conference on one of the two topics proposed by the curators. They can be from Anywhere in Asia
There will be two groups of 4–6 people.
The working language is English.
- All expenses for participating in Meeting Point
- 300 USD stipend per participant
Deadline: 26 April 2023