Magic Oxygen Literary Prize
The Magic Oxygen Literary Prize is an international contest, open to writers around the world, submitting works in English under the categories of Short Stories and Poetry. There is a small entry fee, cash prizes for winning authors and a tree is planted in Kenya for every entry as part of the Word Forest initiative.
In its fourth year, yet again #MOLP had an incredible prize fund of £3,000, which will be awarded in each category as follows:
First Prize – £1,000
Second Prize – £300
Third Prize – £100
Two Highly Commended – £50
We also plant a tree for every single entry we receive in Boré, Kenya and we’ll email you the GPS coordinates of it once the contest has closed and we’ve received confirmation of them from our Word Forest Coordinator.
Additionally, your entry will also help fund the construction of another much needed new classroom in the same community – click here to see the one our previous contests built.
All of this will be done via the newly formed charity The Word Forest Organisation, which was founded as a direct result of the Magic Oxygen Literary Prize
The Rules in Brief
- Open for entries 1st October 2018, through to midnight on 31st December 2018
- Short Stories up to 4,000 words, excluding title
- Poetry up to 50 lines, excluding title and lines between stanzas
- The theme for short stories and poetry is open
- Online entries preferred but written entries are also accepted (Click here for the address and postal details)
- Open to writers all over the world
- Entrants must be 15 or over at the time of submission
- Entries must be written in English and must be your own previously unpublished work
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title
- You may submit as many entries as you wish
- £5 per entry
- Closing date midnight 31st December 2018