31 Jan 2012
Madrid | Museo Reina Sofia | cultural research residencies call
Call for applications for research residencies 2012-13 in various cultural fields, based at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Madrid, in collaboration with Madrid's Universidad Complutense.
To apply for one of the five residences on offer, which will have a 2-month span and will take place between October 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013, participants must be professionals in the field, be it as artist, researchers and/or teachers (with proper documentation), focusing on one of the following fields:
1. Analysis and/or proposal of methods and poetics for critical intervention in contemporary culture, with emphasis on post-colonial debates and globalization, gender politics, and new expressions of collective intelligence and action.
2. Analysis and/or creation on issues of Latin American cultural and artistic reality from a variety of perspectives: alternative definitions of and resistance to modernity 'from the North', the poetic and political activation of the artistic legacy of the Latin American avant-garde, and the construction of new subjectivities in the global space.
3. Exploration of modes of production, management, and interpretation of information and documentation in the new cultures of the archive, as well as research on ways of sharing information through open networks.
4. Investigation of documentary holdings about contemporary Spanish and international art, with emphasis on those that are in the Museum's Centro de Documentación or should be included in it.
5. Exploration of new pedagogical methods and/or analysis of the pedagogical dimension of one's own research or artistic work.
Candidates must also present an abstract of the project in 3,000 words or less, explaining the research project to be carried out during the residence and a project for public activity and seminar for post-graduate students at the Museum's Centro de Estudios, organized with the Museum's Cultural Programs Department.
Interested candidates can submit their applications until January 31st, 2012, typed or in print script (see model in the web page), a photocopy of their passport or other form of I.D. verifying their information and nationality, a CV (three sheets maximum) and copies of documents verifying their profile, the Research Project and Public Activity and Seminar as described above, also three sheets maximum. These materials must be sent to:
Estancias de Investigación en el Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
Departamento de Programas Culturales
Registro General Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
Calle Santa Isabel, 52
Each residence will include the sum of 6,000 euros for expenses including room and board as well as travel.
Read about the researchers selected for residencies in 2011-12
This opportunity came via Artservis (Thanks!)
21 Aug 2014
02 Feb 2012
16 May 2011
30 Jun 2011