London | Gasworks residency for artists based in India
Gasworks is calling for applications from early career contemporary visual artists based in India for a fully funded residency in London, 3 July – 18 September 2023.
Gasworks programmes up to 16 residencies each year, inviting early career international artists to work alongside a community of 9 London-based peers for 3 months. Residencies are non-prescriptive and process-based and focus on enabling artists to research and develop new work. Made public through Open Studios and events, these opportunities encourage interaction, dialogue and professional networking.
The Residency comprises:
- Private studio at Gasworks
- A public Open Studio event, site visits, and networking
- All visa costs covered and support during the visa application process
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks’ Residency House
- A weekly stipend of 150 GBP for living expenses
- A materials budget of 800 GBP
- Access to Gasworks’ tools and AV equipment
- Local travel expenses
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks
- Marketing support
The residency is open to contemporary visual artists working in all disciplines. Aspiring artists producing high quality work who have not had the opportunity to work in London before will be prioritised.
Applicants should have at least a moderate level of spoken English.
Deadline: 20 February 2023