Julie’s Bicycle's Creative Climate Leadership programme in Australia
Julie’s Bicycle and the Australia Council for the Arts are calling for applications from Australia-based artists and cultural professionals for their Creative Climate Leadership programme in Bundanon, Australia, from 11 to 16 September.
Creative Climate Leadership (CCL) empowers artists and cultural professionals to take action on the climate and ecological crisis with impact, creativity, and resilience. It was designed to mobilise and connect a creative climate movement.
Supported by the British Council, this is the first time Julie’s Bicycle’s CCL programme has been run in Australia. Respected Yorta Yorta Songwoman and Storyteller Ruth Langford will be co-facilitating and collaborating with the JB team to design and deliver the programme. Ruth brings over twenty years’ experience across arts, environmental, social justice and youth work.
- A 5-day programme of learning and peer-to-peer exchange for 24 talented and motivated participants living and working in Australia.
- A powerful opportunity to collaborate and develop creative ideas in a serene environment.
- A space to develop and/or scale up cultural leadership on climate action and justice.
- A supportive network of national and international CCL alumni.
The Australia Council will cover the costs of accommodation and all meals at Bundanon, NSW during the course. Travel to and from Bundanon NSW is not covered and will need to be paid for by the participant and/or their organisation.
- Practising artists and creative/cultural/arts professionals.
- Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Individuals who are available to travel to Bundanon NSW to attend the programme
Deadline: 6 June 2023