14 Aug 2015
International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity | travel grants
The International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity (IFCCD), with the support of the International Organization of La Francophonie, is offering a limited number of grants to attend the IFCCD congress in Mons, Belgium, on October 23-24, 2015.
Eligible applicants: designated representatives of national coalitions for cultural diversity or institutional associate members of the Federation and observers from developing countries. Travels can be covered for selected eligible participants from Latin America, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Check the eligibility criteria carefully.
Deadline: 14 August 2015
Participants at the IFCCD congress will also take part on October 25, in Mons, in an international forum for the 10th anniversary of the UNESCO Convention on the diversity of cultural expressions proposed at the initiative of the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles, the City of Mons and the Mons 2015 Foundation. The UNESCO Director General, Ms. Irina Bokova and the General Secretary of the International Organization of La Francophonie, Ms. Michaëlle Jean, have both confirmed their presence at the world forum to which ministers of Culture and renowned artists are invited.
The IFCCD congress will serve to review the progress made since the previous congress in September 2012 in Bratislava and to identify common causes for future actions. The impact of the digital era on the implementation of the Convention will be one of the main themes of discussion.
- Be a designated representative of a national coalition for cultural diversity from Africa, Latin America or Asia-Pacific;
- Or a representative of an organization affiliated to the IFCCD as an institutional associate member (new membership before the congress will be considered – to apply see http://www.ficdc.org/Formulaire-d-a... );
- Or an observer representing a duly accredited organization of cultural professionals;
- And be able to express oneself in English or French, the two languages of the congress.
- In possession or demonstrated capacity to obtain a valid visa for the Schengen zone.
- Capacity to obtain complimentary funding to cover part of the cost of participation to the congress (if a letter of invitation is necessary, please indicate).
- International airfare
- Per Diem
09 Mar 2015