Hungary | Artist in Residence Fellowship for writers and visual artists 2023–24
The Institute for Advanced Study Central European University (IAS CEU) is calling for applications from writers and visual artists for their Artist in Residence Fellowship.
The residential fellowships are for 3 to 5 months and are accepting those working in creative writing (such as poetry, prose, drama, screenwriting and playwriting) and in various visual media, including film and digital applications. One writer and one visual artist will be selected. The theme for these fellowships is “Dis/place”.
The Followship provides selected artists with opportunities to conceptualise and create new works while providing them with opportunities for meaningful interaction with artists working in various fields. These two residential fellowships are offered on a competitive basis to internationally established as well as emerging artists.
Fellowships may start in October 2023. Fellows are required to be in continuous residence for the duration of the fellowship.
Applications are expected from writers and artists who:
- Hold a relevant university degree
- Preferably are actively involved in related artistic and academic fields
- Have a solid portfolio of artistic projects or writings
- Show potential to deepen and grow their creative practice
- Demonstrate ability to engage with the IAS community
- Are fluent in English
What are Fellows offered?
- 2,000 EUR per month
- Accommodation at the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse and/or office space at IAS CEU premises as available
- Limited equipment and technical support from the CEU Media Lab
Awarded fellows are responsible for their own travel arrangements and health insurance.
Visual artist fellowship applicants should inquire about existing facilities and technology available.
Deadline: 25 August 2022