George Town Festival 2014 | call for artists and performers
Calling all Artists/Performers: Do you want to be a part of George Town Festival 2014? Call for artiste/performer/groups for the festival programme in George Town, Penang, Malaysia. George Town Festival welcomes applications and proposals from artistes and performers working in a variety of performances, exhibitions and events.
The month-long GEORGE TOWN FESTIVAL 2014 is expected to be held in conjunction with the 6th Anniversary Celebrations of George Town as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Festival features programmes which promote ART, CULTURE and HERITAGE with the full support ofthe Penang State Government and the various communities of Penang.
Deadline for the first round of submission is on 25 October 2013.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For this year’s George Town Festival, we are looking for programmes which:
• are tailor-made for George Town,
• are intriguing to the public,
• are new and “edgy” in terms of content,
• are highly interactive,
• serve as an inspiration to local artistes to create performances which can be taken out and showcased to the region and the world,
• encourage creative individuals and groups to present their ideas and express their hidden talents,
• provide a fresh new perspective on traditional ASEAN arts, and
• contain strong ASEAN representation.
The 2013 George Town Festival featured 110 events, including 11 Festival Highlights. The Festival showcased various visual, theatre, dances and operatic performances, exhibitions and street celebrations featuring a mix of experienced and youth group performers. Festival events were featured in over 200 newspaper articles and magazines. Our website attained 4.34million hits with over 835,000 page views and our Facebook page contained over 13,000 fans.
Download the pdf. 2014 George Town Festival Proposal