Frame Finland | international exhibition grants calls 2021
Frame Finland invites applications for grants available to artists, contemporary art professionals, and local and international contemporary art organisations who are planning international contemporary art projects featuring Finnish or Finland-based artists in 2021.
Project grant for contemporary art organisations to exhibit work by Finnish artists abroad
The purpose of the grant is to strengthen the international position of Finnish contemporary art by supporting the presentation of Finnish art abroad. The purpose of grants awarded by Frame is based on the strategy of the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture and Frame’s own strategy.
Who can apply?
- Finnish or foreign organisations that present Finnish art, such as biennales, art museums, galleries and cultural institutions.
Artists or work groups are not eligible to apply for this project grant. They are advised instead to apply for a travel grant for artists for exhibiting abroad.
For what purpose can a project grant be applied for?
- Project grants can be awarded for exhibitions held abroad when one or more Finnish artists or artists based in Finland participate in the exhibition. Exhibition activities include, inter alia, appearances by the artist or presentation of their work in a solo or group exhibition, biennale, triennale, festival or other contemporary art event.
Project grants can only be applied for to cover the following expenses of Finnish or Finland-based artists:
- installation expenses
- travel and accommodation expenses
- transport and insurance of artworks
Project grants cannot be spent on:
- artistic work
- residencies (including travel to and from)
- gallery rental or participation fees
- per diems or living costs
- artist / curator fees
- studies, theses
- production and material costs of artworks
- general equipment or software purchases
- the expenses of foreign artists not based in Finland
- events or exhibitions in Finland
Deadline: 31 March at 11.59pm Finnish time (GMT +2)
Image: Nanna Hänninen: Now is now / taubert contemporary, Berlin 14.11.–9.1.2016.
The exhibition was supported by Frame.