19 Jan 2012
European Prize for Urban Public Space | call for entries
The European Prize for Urban Public Space is a biennial competition that aims to recognise and encourage the creation, recovery and improvement of public space in the understanding that the state of public space is a clear indicator of the civic and collective health of our cities.
The European Prize for Urban Public Space welcomes the submission of major projects of creating and remodelling public spaces that have been completed in Europe between 2010 and 2011.
Works that have created, recovered or improved public space within the geographic limits of the Council of Europe may present for the Prize. These entries must be presented by the authors or the institutions that have sponsored the public space project.
The sponsoring institutions of the Seventh European Prize for Urban Public Space are:
- Barcelona: Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (Centre of Contemporary Culture of Barcelona – CCCB)
- Frankfurt: Deutsches Architekturmuseum (DAM)
- Helsinki: Museum of Finnish Architecture (MFA)
- London: The Architecture Foundation (AF)
- Paris: La Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine
- Rotterdam: Nederlands Architectuurinstituut (NAI)
- Vienna: Architekturzentrum Wien (Az W)
Deadline for entries: 19 January 2012
Image: Open Air Library in Magdeburg, Germany - joint winner of European Prize for Urban Public Space 2010 (photo by Anja Schlamann)
28 Oct 2015
28 Sep 2010
28 Oct 2016
07 Jun 2016
02 Jan 2012
30 Nov 2017