Edith-Russ-Haus | grants for media art
Grants for Media Art 2017 of the Foundation of Lower Saxony at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art in Lower Saxony, Germany, for the production of a new project in the area of media art, through a residency at the centre in Oldenburg.
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art will award three Grants for Media Art 2017 of the Foundation of Lower Saxony (€10,000 each).
The Foundation of Lower Saxony grant at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art supports a wide spectrum of media art, from video art and net-based projects to audio works and audio-visual installations.
Each of the three grants will be awarded for the production of a new project in the area of media art.
Application deadline: 28th of February 2017
The grant is valid for a duration of six months (July–December 2017). It cannot be prolonged and residency is compulsory; grant recipients can expect to stay in Oldenburg at least one month.
- The project or artistic work should be completed within the six-month duration of the grant. However, an extension up until April 2018 can be negotiated in certain cases.
- Only artists may submit an application; insitutions are ineligble. Only one application per person per year is permitted. Both individual artists and artist groups can apply; however, the grant amount is the same for groups as for individuals. For artist groups, the applicant whose name is provided as a contact will be considered responsible for the project. Co-applicants will also carry creative responsibility for the project. People enlisted to assist the team (e.g., programmers, sound technicians, advisers, specialists) cannot be considered as members of the group.
- If desired, grant recipients can apply to stay in a furnished guest apartment.
- Grant recipients are expected to be involved in the activities of the Edith-Russ-Haus, including, for example, running workshops and giving presentations and artist talks. The dates of such activities will be arranged in consultation with the Edith-Russ-Haus.
- Beyond the grant amount of €10,000 and the possibility of using one of the guest apartments at the Edith-Russ-Haus, no further costs will be covered during the residency (such as technical means, production means, travel expenses, and living expenses incurred during the grant period).
- A jury consisting of international experts will select the recipients of the grants.
- Only applications submitted through the online application system will be taken into consideration. Applications sent via post or email, as well as any extra materials received by post or email, will be disregarded and disposed of.
- The application may be submitted in either English or German. For German applications, please additionally include an English translation of the summary of the application, as the jury will consist of international participants.
- The grant recipients agree to allow the organizers to use images of their artworks for publication, archiving, website, and communication and marketing purposes without payment, as long as this use is directly related to the grant program.
- An application is considered accepted when the applicant receives confirmation via email. If the application does not adhere to the prescribed requirements, the applicant will not receive an email confirmation.
About the EDITH-RUSS-HAUS FOR MEDIA ART:
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art is devoted to a wide range of current issues related to media art. Since ist opening in 2000 numerous exhibitions, presentations and lectures had been organized by artists and media theorists.
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art has had a regular visiting artist program since 2001 that has supported and implemented 35 proposals for artistic projects to date. There are two one-room apartments and a live-in studio available for this purpose. Recipients of the grant can fall back on the institutional support of the Edith-Russ-Haus during the realization of their projects.