15 Dec 2010
DanceWEB Scholarship Programme | Austria
Applications invited from young contemporary dancers and choreographers for prestigious European programme, organised in summer 2011 in Vienna.
The DanceWEB Scholarship Programme is a 5 week residency taking place every year in July - August in Vienna within the frame of ImPulsTanz festival.
Over 650 young professional dancers and choreographers from over 70 countries have been part of this programme since its creation in 1996.
The Programme offers around 65 young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also from non European countries the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further training programme.
The programme focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering in Vienna at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants. In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the Scholarship Programme is supervised each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years.
A scholarship includes the following free services:
- Individual coaching by the artistic mentors
- Participation in the research projects of ProSeries
- Participation in the research projects of CoachingProject
- Participation in the workshops of ImPulsTanz (200 seminars by 90 teachers)
- Admission to all (up to 45) performances of ImPulsTanz
- Access to approx. 250 awarded dance film videos available at the IMZ
(Internationales Musikzentrum, Wien) video library
- Exchange of ideas and contact with international trainers and choreographers
- Lecture demonstrations
- Special projects exclusively offered to scholarship holders
- Connection to and presentation of a yearly growing, international database
- Accommodation in Vienna for the period of the Scholarship Programme
Further application details
14 Nov 2011
10 Dec 2018