Circusnext calls for circus projects based in Europe
circusnext calls for circus projects for the 2023 laureates programme. The call for projects is the first stage of a year-long selection process and this initial call for projects runs until 23 May 2022.
circusnext is a European programme that aims at identifying creative emerging circus authors and supporting their creation processes and touring opportunities.
The circusnext programme is co-financed by the European Commission and operates as a platform of 24 cultural operators (festivals, creation and diffusion venues) in 14 different European countries, with one coordinator (circusnext). The main objective of the platform is to cooperate to strengthen and develop the circus field in Europe by facilitating artists’ mobility and showing the audience new and diverse forms of circus.
This is a multi-stage process that runs from April 2022 to May 2024 and at each step of the selection projects benefit from visibility towards professionals in the circus field throughout Europe.
Selected circusnext artists receive one-year support (May 2023 – May 2024) entailing:
- Support throughout the creation process with creation residencies, lab, work-in-progress presentations, mentoring
- Increased visibility, networking and touring opportunities in circusnext Platform member venues and encounters with other European professionals and audiences
What projects are eligible?
- A circus creation in progress
- No premiere planned before the public presentations in Paris (May 2023)
Who can apply?
- Emerging circus creators
- European residents whose productions are based in countries that are part of the Creative Europe programme
- Over 18 years old
- Individuals or company
- Not currently studying in a circus school (but no circus degree required)
- No previous laureates of Jeunes Talents Cirque or circusnext shortlisted artists and laureates
Deadline: 23 May 2022
Image: 2018–19 laureates' public presentation – Familiar Faces • Surface (working title), © Milan Szypura.