Australia | Performance Space calls for experimental artists
Call for experimental artists from Australia and Asia for Performance Space’s LIVE DREAMS, a platform for artists to share works-in-progress and ideas in development. The selected works will take place 9–11 June 2022, either in-person at Carriageworks (Sydney) or digitally.
The programme calls for proposals that offer a forward-looking provocation, interrogating the role of art in shaping and reshaping a collective future in an ever-shifting world. What agendas do we, as a society, want to advance and how might art dispel myths, illuminate concerns or provoke radical visions? There are three curated streams: DISTANCE, JESTER and THRESHOLD.
Performance Space prioritises diverse perspectives and voices and they encourage submissions from First Nations artists, artists of colour, culturally diverse artists, women, LGBTQIA+ artists and artists living with disability.
- Australian artists (based anywhere in the world)
- Asia Pacific artists (who self-identify as an Asia Pacific artist)
- Artists with experimental and interdisciplinary practices
Performance Space provides:
- An opportunity for artists to present their work-in-progress to a live and industry audience
- 300 AUD fee
- A space equipped with some sound and lighting infrastructure
Deadline: 4 April