Australia-ASEAN Council Grants 2023–24
The Australia-ASEAN Council 2023–24 grants round is now open for applications from Australian organisations and citizen for projects that build people-to-people, institutional and business connections between Australia and Southeast Asia.
Key priority areas
- cross-cultural collaborations
- economic, education and scientific cooperation and innovation
- climate resilience (climate change, clean energy transition and green economy)
- regional international relations
In 2023-24, approximately 350,000 AUD is available. Grant applications for a minimum of 15,000 AUD to a maximum of 50,000 AUD will be considered. Co-contributions from applicants and other funding sources that demonstrate commitment to the grant project will strengthen your application and are encouraged.
Grant projects typically run for 12 months but can be longer. The funding amount can be using over multiple financial years.
Applicants must be an Australian organisation, government body, statutory authority, citizen or permanent resident.
What the grant can be used for
The grant can be used to pay for costs detailed in the budget and grant agreement, including:
- economy flights, accommodation costs, meals, travel allowances, and other transportation costs
- communication and translation
- venue hire and catering
- advertising and promotion, graphic design, photography, social media, video and printed material
- production costs, including freight and artists’ wages
- only one participant per conference or meeting and only where the participant is a principal speaker and the subject of the conference is of direct relevance to the grant opportunity.
Deadline: 17 December 2023