31 Mar 2014
Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year | international competition
Now open for entries, the Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year competition is an international showcase for the very best in environmental photography and film. Honouring amateurs and professionals of all ages, it provides an opportunity for photographers to share images of environmental and social issues with international audiences, and to enhance our understanding of the causes, consequences and solutions to climate change and social inequality.
Prizes for the 2014 competition include:
- Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year of £5000
- Atkins CIWEM Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 18) of £1000
- Atkins CIWEM Environmental Film of the Year of £1000
- Atkins Cityscape Prize of £1000
- Forestry Commission England Exhibition Award: one photographer will be invited to exhibit a solo show at one of England's public forests
Selected from an open submission process, entries are judged on impact, composition, originality, creativity and technical ability. Previous entries have examined issues such as innovation, sustainable development, biodiversity, poverty, climate change, human rights, culture, natural disasters and population growth.
The competition is free to enter. The Prize Winners will be announced during a preview of the London exhibition.
Deadline for entries: 31 March 2014
- Environmental migrants: the last illusion. Ulaan Baator, Mongolia #04, Alessandro Grassani
- Hong Kong hole, Stuart Chape, 2010
CIWEM is an independent professional body and a registered charity, advancing the science and practice of water and environmental management for a clean, green and sustainable world. www.ciwem.org
14 Jul 2016
12 Jan 2011
29 Aug 2014