01 Dec 2011
Alliance Francaise in Kuala Lumpur | internship
The Alliance Française de Kuala Lumpur (AFKL) is looking to hire an intern for their cultural management division. AFKL is a non-profit organization which promotes French culture and language in Kuala Lumpur. It is part of a worldwide network present in more than 130 countries.
The intern will take part in day-to-day activities of cultural management. The internship will provide the intern with valuable, real-world experience. He/she will support the organization of the French Art and Film Festival 2012. He/she will also be participating in the organization of other cultural activities which are regularly organized by the Alliance
The intern will assist in the development of cultural project, from conception to completion. Some of the activities are:
- Cinema club
The intern is also expected to assist to AFKL's communication strategy such as:
- Updating and maintaining AFKL's database
- Updating and maintaining AFKL's website and social media sites (facebook, twitter)
- Development and distribution of communication tools (bimonthly newsletter and press release) and promotional collaterals (flyer, poster, e-flyer, brochure)
The three major projects for which the intern is expected to assist:
- The Francophonie week - 17 to 25 March 2012
- The French Art and Film Festival 2012 - 21 May to 21 June 2012
- Fête de la Musique - 21 June 2012 (tbc)
The intern will also be assigned to other duties when deemed necessary.
Students from any of the following fields:
- Administration of performing arts
- Performing Arts
- Linguistics / languages
- Public Relations
- Must be focused, organized, motivated and detail oriented
- Must possess fluency in spoken English with good writing skills
- Must possess basic computer skills and to be skilful in using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Must be willing and able to work long and odd hours (40 hours/week)
- Interest in French culture and language, knowledge in French culture and language will be an advantage
This internship offers minimum wage, the terms of which will be discussed during the interview.
A CV and cover letter must be sent before 1 December 2011 to Ms Marine Moncaut.
Email - email@example.com
21 Feb 2012
09 Jun 2012
18 Nov 2014