08 May 2015
Akiyoshidai International Art Village | residency call
“The AIAV Fellowship” at Akiyoshidai International Art Village in Japan is open to domestic and international artists working in various creative fields. Open call for maximum one month residencies in July or Sept-Dec 2015.
The aim of the program is to support artists’ activities and to offer the local people in Yamaguchi pref. opportunities to appreciate arts and communicate with artists crossing the borders of art disciplines and nationalities. During the residency period, artists should actively communicate with local people in Yamaguchi and participate in the exchange programs, including workshops, lectures, school visits and exhibitions.
Residency period: Maximum of 1 month during the period from 1st July to 1st August or from 23rd September to 27th December 2015.
Applicants should be applicable to one of the conditions below.
(1) Artists who have funding from international/national foundation or organization
(2) Artists who have previously stayed at AIAV for the residency program
(3) Artists who have a reference from international/national governmental, educational or cultural exchange foundations
(4) Artists with a reference from the Selection Committee of the Residence Program of Akiyoshidai International Art Village or the Steering Committee, (Advisory Council).
Costs covered by AIAV
(1) Fee for accommodation (private room)
(2) Fee for studio (We have various types of studios: the assignment is done by AIAV)
(3) Fee for usage of facilities
NOTE: Artist should be responsible for travel, living, and material expenses.
SEE website for all the applicable conditions and guidelines
About AIAV: As a base for expressive and creative activities of both international and domestic artists, “Akiyoshidai International Art Village(AIAV)” was constructed August 1998, in Shuho Town next to The Akiyoshidai National Park, which beautiful limestone landscape was formed over three hundred million years ago.
This art village is fully equipped for various artistic activities such as music, art, dance and drama.