Akiyoshidai International Art Village Residence Support Program
Akiyoshidai International Art Village Residence Support Program in Japan has an international call for artists for trans_2018-2019 residency programme in January-March 2019 on the theme of The Future of This Land.
The Residence Support Program provides a time and place for artists to experience new encounters and carry out experiments to guide their future projects. Participating artists are expected to bring new ideas to the local culture and people while they, in turn, will hopefully acquire new perspectives through these fresh encounters. As a result of the residence program, the artists will convey their new experiences, gathered from the local lifestyle and our particular geographic situation, to their next destination. We hope that the residence program at Akiyoshidai International Art Village becomes a space for artists to go beyond cultural borders and expand their outlooks, exchange their unique understandings and establish relationships with fellow artists.
Residency period: 9 January (Wed) – 14 March (Thu), 2019 [65 days]
Numbers of artists accepted
- 3 artists (2 international and 1 Japanese), 40 years old or under. (born on or after 2 April, 1978)
- Artists who work on the theme above.
- You may apply as a group no larger than 2 artists.
- Travel expenses: A one time round trip from your neighboring international airport to AIAV (Economy class air tickets for international flights, domestic flights and/or domestic railway tickets)
- Accommodation at AIAV (private room with bath/toilet)
- Studio (assignment will be arranged after due deliberation: artists may have to share with others)
- Production expenses: 200,000 yen (For each group)
- Per diem: 2,800 yen x days of the program (Per person)
Deadline: Applications must be received by midnight, July 31 (Tue), 2018 on email (JST)