Singapore | Asia Pacific Network for Cultural Education and Research 2022 conference
From 2 to 4 December, LASALLE College of the Arts Singapore will hold the 2022 Asia Pacific Network for Cultural Education and Research (ANCER) conference on the topic “Ecologies of the Arts: Sustainable Futures, New Creative Economies and the Management of Art and Culture”.
The conference asks: how have audiences changed as art becomes more digitized, global, and hybrid, and how does this impact arts management practice, pedagogy and policy? Are there new paradigms in the practice of arts management, particularly in Asia, and how are these different from our traditional ways of ‘doing things’ in the arts? Are new ecologies of the arts emerging as a result of new experiences and changing consciousness about the post-pandemic reality?
Keynote speakers include Distinguished Professor Ien Ang (Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney, Australia) and Ou Ning (artist, writer, curator, film maker, and activist).
The 2022 themes
Discipline of Arts Management
- arts management and cities
- practising arts management in Southeast Asia
- sub/urbanisms and emerging cultures
- solidarity and care in the arts
- inclusivity, social justice and the arts
Sustainability & Greening the Arts
- the green economy and UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- digital governance and governmentality
- data and innovation in arts, culture and heritage
- audiences and digital consumption
- cultural and creative leadership in Asia
- arts and cultural management and labour precarity
- innovations in the cultural and creative economy
- new arts start-ups in Asia
Network & Communities
- new artist and cultural networks
- re-defining international cultural relations/cultural diplomacy in a bruised world