Fashion Revolution Day | April 24 | events in Asia and Europe
Fashion Revolution Day is launched worldwide on April 24th 2014, as a response to the Rana Plaza building collapse disaster in Bangladesh in 2013. You can join a wide range of participatory design, photography, fashion and craft events in Asia and Europe.
Led by a board of industry leaders, campaigners, press and academics from within the sector and beyond, Fashion Revolution Day aims to become the catalyst that brings together those who want to see change within the industry. On 24th April each year, Fashion Revolution Day will bring everyone in the fashion value chain together and help to raise awareness of the true cost of fashion, show the world that change is possible, and celebrate all those involved in creating a more sustainable future.
On Thursday 24 April 2014, the first Fashion Revolution Day asks people to wear their clothes inside out. Change the way you look at the clothes you wear. Be curious.
Events on April 24th in Europe, Asia and beyond include:
- get stitching at a SEWING DEMONSTRATION - a 12 hour SEW-IN in downtown Helsinki, Finland, co-organised by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland
- meet your maker and join a Fash Mob in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- wear your clothes #insideout in Prague and be part of the street style photoshoot
- in Dunedin, New Zealand, you can be part of the insideout selfie action
- in the UK there will be catwalks and panels discussions, film screenings and knitting evenings, school quizzes and fash-mobs
Learn more about why do we need a Fashion Revolution