Guangdong Modern Dance Festival,
8th Guangdong Modern Dance Festival
24-29 July, under the direction of Chinese dance pioneer Willy Tsao, is widely regarded the most important international contemporary dance event in China, featuring world-class performances and avant-garde contemporary creations.
The Festival enhances cultural exchanges, breaks down barriers between arts and creative trends and has grown into a hub of Chinese dance development.
Check out the PROGRAMME
for this year's festival, including artists and works from China, Korea, Singapore, Japan
A Festival for International Curators
This year, many international festival curators, directors and guests have expressed interest in attending the Festival to witness the development of modern dance in China and to seek Chinese artistic partners. The updated list as per website:
- Anita Mathieu | Director, Rencontres chorégraphiques internationales de Seine-Saint-Denis, France
- Alan Pare | Director, CINARS – Performaning Arts Marketing of Canada PLUS 15+ Canadian presenters
- Wansoon Yook | Artistic Director, 2011 Seoul Choreography Festival (SCF) / The Modern Dance Promotion of Korea
- Tove Bratten | Director, Norwegian Association for Performing Arts, Norway
- Inger Buresund | Artistic and Managing Director Ibsen International, Norway / Ibsen in China
- Lene Bang Vonpang | Independent dance producer, Norway
- Kitt Johnson | Artistic Director, ‘Mellemrum’ festival, Denmark