The ERICarts Institute is an independent organisation which carries out comparative cultural research and cultural policy monitoring in co-operation with experts from over 40 European countries.
The Institute was founded by the European Association of Cultural Researchers (ECURES) in collaboration with “Centres of Excellence” specialising in cultural research from different corners of Europe. Their representatives sit on a Board of Governors and make key decisions regarding the research programme and strategic direction of the Institute. The day to day management of the projects and research teams is carried out by the central office located in Bonn, Germany.
The Institute aims to:
- Facilitate sustainable co-operation in the field of comparative cultural research;
- Develop reliable empirical tools for undertaking comparative cultural research;
- Encourage the transfer and uptake of information and knowledge produced through the research projects by different public and private sector actors;
- Demonstrate the cultural dimensions of diverse fields and policy sectors such as employment, social affairs, competition, media, education, foreign policy, and agriculture; and
- Adhere to the principles and objectives outlined in European and international frameworks for culture to promote transparency, diversity, equality, participation and creativity.
The comparative research programme of the ERICarts Institute was designed in this context.
Leading centres of excellence and professionals from around Europe which specialise in cultural research, work together to realise large scale transnational research projects in the following fields of study:
Comparing cultural policies and systems of governance/management
Qualifications and changing working practises of arts and media professionals
Economic aspects of culture
Cultural dimensions of everyday life
Cultural diversity, intercultural dialogue, and social cohesion
European cultural and scientific co-operation
The ERICarts Institute is a certified non-profit organisation registered under German trade law (gGmbH).