14 Apr 2014
Wochi Kochi magazine | on cross-cultural exchanges with Japan
"Wochi Kochi Magazine" is a web magazine in English and Japanese offering stories and topics on cross-cultural exchanges between Japan and other countries. Wochikochi Magazine is produced by the Japan Foundation and carries interviews, contributed articles and serialized stories written by experts in a variety of professional and academic fields on a special topic each month.
Among the most recent articles, you can read about:
- How 13 curators from Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam met in Tokyo and planned to curate a joint media art exhibition
- Renowned contemporary artist, Hiroshi Sugimoto writes about developing a new tradition of Bunraku puppet theatre
- Dialogue between Sankai Juku Artistic Director and theatre critic, on Japanese contemporary dance
- An interesting essay on the moves towards an Asia Pacific Community and the cultural connections that might underpin it
- Japan-China-Korea Cultural Exchange Forum meeting in Niigata
as well as reviews, interviews with up and coming artists and more ...
The name “wochikochi” denotes places and times and expresses the desires to spread the Japanese language and culture overseas, deepen mutual understanding with other countries, and play a role as a cultural bridge that spans not only across countries but also among peoples. It derives its meaning from a word in the ancient Japanese “Yamato” language for “here and there” or “the future and the present".
23 Apr 2012
15 May 2012
09 Nov 2009
06 Sep 2010
14 Jan 2013