Tokyo Wonder Site
While TWS Hongo supports and nurtures young talent in all fields in programs related to the government-hosted "Tokyo Wonder Wall" exhibition of works chosen from among entries from the general public, TWS Shibuya is a hub in a global cultural network of affiliated cultural facilities in Japan and abroad, and at once a platform for both new talents and internationally active creators to exchange and showcase their works.
In addition, TWS Aoyama: Creator-in-Residence opened in 2006 as a venue for creative individuals from all genres and nationalities to pursue their respective work in a shared process. Through various joint programs, the three venues will continue their broad array of artistic activities in order to provide creators with a stage for creative work.
- Support, nurture and promote emerging artists from Tokyo.
- Establish a platform in Tokyo to function as a hub for art and culture in Asia and the world.
- Support diverse activities of art and culture in Tokyo as vehicles of the city's vital energy.
- Function as place for pilot programs, experimental and research projects for new strategic culture policy of Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Foster human resources engaged in cultural practices.