06 Aug 2014
Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia, Thailand
The Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia (RILCA) is based at the Mahidol University in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. Its mission involves the following aims:
- Researching and developing language and culture for ethnic minority groups.
- Providing language, culture and ethnic studies.
- Providing academic services, including Master’s and Doctoral degree programmes for the support of the languages and cultures of ethnic minority groups in Thailand and beyond.
- Developing and preserving the languages and cultures of ethnic minority groups in Thailand and beyond.
- Administration leading to excellence.
- To be a learning center for research works in Southeast Asian studies, including Linguistics and Cultural Studies.
- To provide an on-campus practicum site for students, researchers and others.
- To collect art objects, crafts and ethnic textiles both from field works and donations.
- To provide museum services, including exhibition design, research and development, education programs, collection and conservation practicum site.
View all Asia-Europe Museum Network (ASEMUS) members in Thailand
16 May 2014
15 Nov 2014
22 May 2018
13 Jun 2011