03 Sep 2010
Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports (Brunei)
Goals, Vision and Mission:
- Give direction of a clear and meaningful to the public through community activities, cultural, and sports of youth.
- Promote a caring society.
- Promote the spirit of volunteerism.
- Cultivate a sense of belonging and patriotism.
- Form a robust, intelligent, informative, resilient, healthy and balanced community.
- Provide comprehensive national guidelines to enable the formation of a society that has a genuine identity based on the philosophy of the State.
By 2015, KKBS seeks to:
- Have policies and guidelines in the field of social, cultural, and sports of youth.
- Work to increase the active participation of society in dealing with matters of Welfare, Social, Cultural, and Sporting of youth.
- Cultivate the spirit of volunteerism and independence among all levels of society.
- Actively involve various agencies in strengthening the values of patriotism, entrepreneurship and a sense of belonging among the people, especially the youth.
- Have the infrastructure and basic facilities in the areas of social, cultural, and sports activities for youth throughout the country.
- Equally seek to increase the understanding and appreciation of the philosophy of the State.
- Create an enabling environment to create a competitive and highly cultured society.
- Formulating and implementing national policies and guidelines in the field of social, cultural, and sports of youth.
- Provide a program that will generate community involvement in welfare, social, cultural, and sports of youth.
- Increase networking and smart partnership in all areas.
- Raise public awareness of the values and spirit of the above, including the Voluntary.
- Empowering agencies and all levels of society in the areas of Culture, Sportsmanship, of youth and Community.
- Enhance integrated cooperation between all agencies and all levels of society in all areas.
- Empowering youth through the provision of training facilities and coaching programs themselves.
- Increase public participation in Community Sports and Sports for Excellence.