29 May 2011
The Irish Film Institute
- Maintaining the Irish Film Archive to the highest international standards;
- Making available, through its programming and its facilities, the best film experience possible for Irish audiences;
- Assisting in the extension of such experience to the other regions of Ireland;
- Promoting recognition of film and television studies in curricula at all levels, and in life long learning, and exemplifying best film educational practice;
- Through its research and information programmes, being the principal source of information in Ireland on film culture and in particular Irish film, and on the policies relating to it;
- Working for the development of Irish film and of the audience for film;
- Being an informed and effective advocate of the art and culture of film;
- Running and maintaining the Irish Film Centre so that its facilities and resources are of an excellent standard and are accessible to all.
IFI schools run an extensive programme of film education activities for school students and teachers.