18 May 2011
International Association of Art (IAA) Europe
It is one of the five cultural regions (Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe) of the International Association of Art (IAA), the largest international non-governmental association of visual artists, with over 100 member organisations worldwide. The IAA supports the international co-operation and exchange of artists, free from any aesthetic, political or other bias and aims to improve the economic and social position of artists on national and international level.
IAA co-operates with UNESCO and co-ordinates its activities with those of other organisations concerned with the arts and culture.
The IAA issues the identity card for professional artists, which grants concessions or free entry to many museums worldwide.
The IAA issues the certificate for the customs authorities, which refers a.o. to the UNESCO's 'Florence Agreement'. This agreement allows artists in principle to import their works into any signatory states without restriction.
Main objectives of IAA Europe are the exchange between artists and organisations engaged in the fields of art and culture in Europe and beyond, the discussion and elaboration of artistic matters within Europe as well as the promotion of the flow of information regarding e.g. working conditions, social security systems, authors' rights and free flow of artworks. It aims to make artists' interests known to European political institutions and their representatives.
- The IAA Europe launches discussions on topics related to the arts, such as tax law, funding, cultural diversity and artistic education.
- It stays in close contact with other European cultural organisations e.g. European Forum for the Arts and Heritage (EFAH) and European Council of Artists (ECA).
- It provides information on working opportunities and support programmes for artists in Europe and worldwide.
- It organises and supports exchange projects, symposia relevant to artists and exhibitions e.g. 'Hundred Faces',(Heidelberg 2002).
- International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen, Czech Republic(IAA Europe is one of the founding members), www.bienale-plzen.cz.
- 'RE/ACT', International Student Media Art Festival (Heidelberg, Germany 2005/2006 and 2008), www.react-festival.de .
- 'MiniArt', European Postcard Exhibition (2005).
- 'Reality Check', Symposium on the Effect of the European Academic Reform (Mainz, Germany 2006) 'Baltic&Nordic', International Symposium on Contemporary Watercolour (Latvia).
- 'horizons – insea2007germany', art education research and development congress’ (Heidelberg/Karlsruhe, Germany 2007), www.insea2007germany.de.
- 'Art and Dialogue', symposium on international artistic exchange projects (Berlin, Germany 2008).
19 Apr 2008
12 Oct 2009
31 Jul 2008
27 Mar 2018