04 Jul 2011
The Hong Kong Institute of Contemporary Culture (HKICC)
Embracing a broad cultural vision for the development of sustainable cultural pluralism and a creative civil society, HKICC advocates a cultural perspective for developments in various aspects and at different levels, by organizing cultural exchanges (between Hong Kong and the rest of the world), creative education, research programs and art development projects.
- To promote the development of Hong Kong as a vibrant and creative cultural hub and a civil society by organizing a variety of artistic and cultural events;
- To carry out research and development programs, especially in relation to the infrastructure, network and human resource development for cultural exchange;
- To promote the awareness of cultural pluralism by supporting and maintaining an open public sphere and cross-cultural dialogues in collaboration with affiliated network organizations;
- To act as a center of interaction and dialogue between the arts communities, governments, policy makers and the public for the promotion of contemporary culture(s) of Hong Kong and the region;
- To sponsor the operation of schools and to organize creative education programs, workshops and seminars to nurture talents for the creative industries and the arts and cultural communities.
Networking: city-to-city basis, NGO-initiated, cross-disciplinary, cross-sector, cross-regional
Research: applied and strategic research, from data-base establishment to policy advocacy, comparative approach
Advocacy : regional collaboration, dialogues oriented, educational or promotional programmes, experts workshops, presentation of research analyses
Human Resource Development: volunteer development, cultural leadership training (younger administrators/practitioners), education programmes, intership/exchange
25 Jun 2011
04 Jul 2011
25 Nov 2018
09 Dec 2012