05 Jul 2011
Hong Kong Fringe Club (FC)
The Fringe club has been providing an open platform for the arts in Hong Kong since 1984. That means performers and artists can show their work without having to go through selection process.
Over the years, by pursuing this policy of open access, the Fringe Club has come to be identified with freedom of expression. This freedom is invariably associated with the pleasure of creating, showing and enjoying the arts, which we think should be done without isolating them from everyday life.
Up till now, the Fringe Club has presented 28 festivals. It has arranged 62 tours in 15 cities, hosted 67 residencies, and held 1,400 exhibitions, 3,230 community outreach events, 1,900 live-music shows, 8,150 stage performances and numerous overseas presentations, most recently at the Shanghai Expo 2010 and the 54th Venice Biennale 2011.
The Fringe Club is committed to:
- help artists to get started and continue to develop their skills;
- promote Hong Kong arts and artists abroad through cultural exchange and overseas touring;
- create an environment that delights in the appreciation and enjoyment of the arts;
- weave arts into the fabrics of our society;
- uphold freedom of expression as a tenet for an open and cultured city;
- engage with our community through learning, sharing and discussion.
03 Sep 2010
30 May 2014
04 Jul 2011
05 Jul 2011