Bulgarian National Committee of ICOMOS
Bulgarian National Committee of the International Council on Monuments and Sites is a nonprofit organisation with noneconomic aim, acting for the public benefit.
BNC of ICOMOS was founded in 1964 right after the establishment of ICOMOS. In 1996 it was registered as a non-profit association. The Bulgarian national committee (BNC) of ICOMOS have 162 members. Most members are individuals, who form a multidisciplinary community of outstanding experts such as architects, engineers, artists, archaeologists, tourism actors, jurists, etc., who work in various fields of the cultural heritage – its conservation, management and promotion.
ICOMOS Bulgarian National Committee (BNC) carries out a wide range of activities:
- Implements international programs and projects aimed at providing financial resources for cultural heritage conservation, management, and promotion
- Develops and implements national and international projects for the promotion and use of the cultural heritage as a resource both for its preservation as well as for the sustainable development of society
- Cooperates with international government and non-government organisations
- Participates in the activities of the ICOMOS International Committees
- Studies methodological and specific problems (legislative, managerial and practical) and develops programs, plans, expert opinions
- Cooperates with central and local authorities, NGOs and the private business, exchanges experience and coordinates joint actions for heritage conservation and management.