15 Jul 2015
UNESCO Creative Cities Network | call
The 2015 call for applications for the UNESCO Creative Cities Network is now open! Created in 2004, the Network brings together 69 cities from 32 countries that have identified creativity as a strategic factor for sustainable urban development.
If your city is interest in joining this growing Network, you may access the documents found on the website and find out what it takes and what it means to become a UNESCO Creative City.
In the light of the lessons learned from last year’s call for applications, some changes have been implemented in the current call. We invite cities interested in joining the network to read carefully the documents, before completing and submitting their application form.
Deadline for applications: 15 July 2015
All applications must be submitted by email using the official Application Form available below and must be received by UNESCO Secretariat no later than 15 July 2015, midnight CET. Please note that applications received after this date will not be evaluated.
Following the evaluation process carried out by internal and external consultations with independent experts and the member cities of the Network, the Director-General of UNESCO designates the UNESCO Creative Cities.
The announcement of the Creative Cities designated in 2015 will be published on UNESCO’s website on 11 December 2015.
UNESCO Creative Cities Network
There are currently 69 member cities around the world in seven creative industry fields.
- Literature : Edinburgh, Melbourne, Iowa City, Dublin, Reykjavik, Norwich, Krakow, Dunedin, Granada, Heidelberg and Prague
- Cinema: Bradford, Sydney, Busan, Galway and Sofia
- Music: Sevilla, Bologne, Glasgow, Ghent, Bogota, Brazzaville, Hamamatsu, Hanover and Mannheim
- Craft and Folk Arts: Santa Fe, Aswan, Kanazawa, Icheon ,Hangzhou, Fabriano, Paducah, Jacmel, Jingdezhen, Nassau, Pekalongan and Suzhou
- Design: Buenos Aires, Berlin, Montreal, Nagoya, Kobe, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Seoul, Saint-Étienne, Graz, Beijing, Bilbao, Curitiba, Dundee, Helsinki and Turin
- Media Arts: Lyon, Enghien-les-Bains, Sapporo, Dakar, Gwangju, Linz, Tel Aviv-Yafo and York
- Gastronomy: Popayán, Chengdu , Östersund, Jeonju, Zahle, Florianopolis, Shunde and Tsuruoka
08 May 2017