Sweden | Landskrona Foto residency
Twice a year Landskrona Foto residency in Sweden welcomes early to mid-career photographer or artist working with photography and/or lens based media, who wish to further and challenge their practice, to Landskrona to engage in a project related to the city. It’s an opportunity to have time and space away from your usual environment and obligations.
Landskrona Foto has in recent years been established as one of the Nordic regions’ eminent photography initiatives and includes the renowned Landskrona Foto Festival.
What winners receive
It’s an opportunity for a photographer or artist working with photography and/or lens based media to have time and space away from their usual environment and obligations. The residency takes place for 6 weeks from mid-October to end of November 2018. The residency photographer receives a grant of 15000 SEK (approx. 1500 EUR), travel expenses to and from the home country (economy only), an apartment in Landskrona, and a desk in our office.
Landskrona Foto connects the photographer in residency with regional-based photographers, artist and other art professionals through meetings, mentoring, exhibition openings and other networking opportunities.
How to enter
- Motivation for applying for a residency at Landskrona Foto in Landskrona, Sweden
- Presentation of the photographers practice and project proposal, we encourage the photographer to engage in a project related to Landskrona.
- Upload image documentation of previous projects. Max two projects 5-10 images in each.
- A current CV with link to the applicant’s website
Former holders of the residency program are
- Vivek Mariappan, India (2019)
- Anastasia Mityukova, Swiss-Russia (2018)
- Manuel Castillo Jimenez, Chile (2018)
- Karolina Gembara, Poland (2017)
- Carlos Alba, Spain (2017)
- Elva Lai, Hong Kong (2016)
- Coşkun Aral (2014)
Deadline for applications: 19 August 2019