SEAFIC | open call for SE Asian film makers
SEAFIC is an intensive script lab for Southeast Asian film makers. SEAFIC aims to strengthen the quality of feature-length films from Southeast Asian filmmakers by developing and advancing their scripts. Open call for applications for 2nd edition.
Each year, SEAFIC shall select five 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-time filmmakers with work-in-progress scripts to work with our veteran script consultant for 8 months to develop and refine their screenplays. Participants shall attend three sessions in Thailand. The sessions are conducted in English.
During the final session in Bangkok, the participants shall give a 5-minute pitch of their project to the 3-person award jury who will then award one project a prize of US$15,000.
The five projects selected for SEAFIC shall automatically be enrolled in SEAFIC x PAS, Produire au Sud's Southeast Asia workshop. The five producers of the same projects shall attend the first session in Chiang Mai and SEAFIC's final pitching session in Bangkok.
- Filmmakers from Southeast Asia developing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd feature-film projects only.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for SEAFIC participation: Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Passports must be from Southeast Asia (cannot be the resident only).
- All project submissions must have a director and a producer attached along with a realistic budget and a financing plan.
- All projects must have at minimum a first draft script available for evaluation.
- Participants must agree to attend all three sessions within the lab year. Moreover, each project's director and producer must be available to attend the first and final session.
- Applicants can only submit one project per year.
- There are no costs to apply to SEAFIC.
Nov 1, 2017 Application submission deadline
Late Jan / Early Feb 2018 Five SEAFIC projects selected
Feb 24 - Mar 3, 2018 1st SEAFIC session, Chiang Mai
Early Jul 2nd SEAFIC session, Chiang Mai
Late Oct / Early Nov SEAFIC Open House