Prince Claus Fund | Culture in Defiance | call for project applications
The Prince Claus Fund welcomes project proposals for cultural initiatives related to Culture in Defiance. The Culture in Defiance call is aimed at projects that strive for positive change. Their impact lies in creating opportunities of freedom of speech and thought.
The Prince Claus Fund believes that culture has the power to stimulate change. Arts and cultural expression are powerful engines for nonviolent resistance and open dialogue, where artists and critical thinkers are important witnesses in the conflicts of todayand can raise awareness about the need for development and peace.
The Culture in Defiance call is aimed at projects that strive for positive change. Their impact lies in creating opportunities of freedom of speech and thought. It is focused on promoting art and culture that seek to re-imagine possibilities, by creating a space for dialogue, critical thinking and impact in their societies. For projects situated in areas subjected due to censorship, conflict or oppression.
The Prince Claus Fund supports through this call projects that strive for transformation of different realities. It seeks creative and innovative ideas that promote equality and opportunity.
The proposed call fits with the Fund’s theme Culture and Conflict.
The Prince Claus Fund supports projects with an average grant of 15.000 Euros.
PLEASE read the Grant Guidelines carefully!
- Eligible Candidates
· The Prince Claus Fund invites all parties working in the cultural and artistic spheres in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean to send their project proposals regardless of age, years of experience, nationality, ethnicity, religion or any other factor.
· This includes individuals and organisations concerned with culture and development.
· Support is only given to individuals and organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Prince Claus Fund does NOT provide support to:
· The development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental, or feature films
· Research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry, or biographies
· Infrastructural costs